About the Platform
Startok is a unique mobile and IOS application or software technology that allows You to view and share content (“Content”).
Use and access to the Platform is available to all persons who can be legally bound by contract and who are not disqualified or declared incompetent under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If You are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, You shall not register as a User of the Platform and shall not access or use the Platform. As a minor if You wish to access or use the Platform, such access or use may be made by Your legal guardian or parents on the Platform. Verse reserves the right to terminate such use and/ or refuse to provide You with access to the Platform if it is brought to Verse's notice or if it is discovered that You are under the age of 18 years.
Term and Termination
These Terms, and any posted revision, shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Platform and certain provisions may continue to apply even after termination. You may terminate this Agreement by uninstalling or deleting the Platform at any time, for any reason. Verse may terminate this Agreement by deleting Your account or profile without assigning any reasons whatsoever. On termination of this Agreement, all of Your profile Content and other information may be deleted. However, certain details are maintained with us for archival and legal purposes. Verse reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time. If You do not agree to any such changes, You have the discretion to discontinue from accessing, availing or using the Platform. Continued access or use of the Platform following notice of any such changes will indicate Your acknowledgement of such changes and You will be bound by such revised Terms.
When You use the Platform or send emails or other data, information or communication to Verse, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Verse through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Verse periodically and as and when required. Verse may communicate with You by email provided by You in Your communications or at the time of registration or by any other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise. However, Verse does not assure any confidentiality or security of information provided to Verse from Your side.
Your License and Use of the Platform
5.1. Subject to the Terms and Conditions and Your payment of required fees, if any, Verse hereby grants You only a limited, non-transferrable, non-exclusive, revocable license to make personal and non-commercial use of the Platform.
5.2. The Platform is licensed, not sold, to You, even after installation on Your devices. Verse may assign this License Agreement or any part of it without restrictions. You are not allowed to assign, transfer or sub-license Your rights under this license, to any third party.
Proprietary Rights in Content
6.1. You hereby grant Verse a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual and unlimited license to make copies of, reproduce, adapt, make derivative works of, communicate to the public, broadcast, and make available your Content and the Content made available by You on the Platform. You understand and agree that Verse may exercise these rights in the Content on the Platform or on other platforms, applications and social media pages under its control. You represent that you are authorized to grant these rights to Verse in accordance with the terms and conditions and policies of this Platform, and all applicable laws and regulations.
6.2 Verse and its affiliates hold no responsibility and are not liable for any Content shared by or accessible by You through Your use of the Platform. You acknowledge that the Platform is merely an intermediary/ enabling technology that allows You to access and share Content. In no event shall Verse or its affiliates assume or have any responsibility or liability for the Content shared or accessed by use of the Platform or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from the use of the Content.
6.2. You acknowledge and concede that the Content accessible by use of the Platform is the property of the concerned User and may be the subject of proprietary and other rights of such content providers including any Intellectual Property Rights. You are not permitted to distribute, download/use/access, transmit, republish, display, sell, license or otherwise communicate the Content to the public in any manner except via the features provided in the Platform.
7.1. You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of the Platform shall be strictly governed by, including but not limited to the following:
- You shall not illegally download/save the Content accessed through the Platform at any given time, or circumvent any technological measures employed by Verse to prevent unauthorised access to or copying of Content or any part of the Platform.
- You shall not alter or modify any part of the Platform and/or use the Platform for any illegal purpose.
- You shall not collect or harvest or attempt to collect personal data, or any other kind of information about other Users, including without limitation, through spidering or any form of scraping
- The Platform is not intended to be used to upload news/current affairs content, and Verse reserves the right to take down any such content and/or to block any users that post such content.
- You shall not post advertisements, promotions or solicitations of business or solicit Users or post spam or any other form of solicitation or spam; post or transmit any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain the password, account or private information from any other User.
- You shall not deliberately impersonate another person, whether real or fictional or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity, for example, by registering an account in the name of another person or company, or sending messages or making comments using the name of another person impersonate other Users or otherwise fake Your identity.
- You shall not rent, sell or transfer or lease or offer to sell or transfer access to the Platform and/or any Verse account or permit any third parties to use Your name and password, or any Content on the Platform.
Changes to This Terms And Condition
Our Terms And Condition is subject to change at any time with notice. The same can be viewed on our App/website. To make sure you are aware of any changes, please review this Terms And Condition periodically.